Friday, June 27, 2008

All tag, all the time! BOOKS

So, I just got the page 123 tag from the fabulous Make Do & Mend http://makedostyle.blogspot.com/. It is totally random but totally worth doing!
The page 123 thingy is as follows:

1. Pick up nearest book
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

One of the many books on my bedside table is Couture Culture, a nonfiction work by Nancy J. Troy. Here's the bit from page 124 (b/c p. 123 is an illustration):

"The adepts of the jupe-pantalon envision something other than to charm or surprise. They represent the desire to break with the traditions of their sex, of their race, of their country. They want to break the last chains holding back their complete emancipation."

I am tagging:
Nothing Is Worth More Than This Day http://tonialexis.blogspot.com/

Couture Carrie LOVES to see what her Fellow Fashionistas are reading! Enjoy, darlings :)

3 comments:

Seeker said...

This meme bring somethings unexpected, it's funny.

xoxo

♥ Marta ♥ said...

Definitely getting this book... I LOVE reading. I just finished " The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee which is an amazing book (I should make a post on it) and now I'm reading "Leonardo's Swans" by Karen Essex. I'm loving this book, if you love art, you might want to check it out :)

Elizabeth said...

I think I need to read that book!