Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rain Rain, Come and Stay!

The Wellington is a fall/winter essential for those of us in climes prone to rain, sleet and hail.
For your puddle-splashing pleasure: 25 different brands and 30+ different styles of WELLIES!

Photo at right of Chloe Sevigny by Peter Lindberg courtesy Fellow Fashionista Charlotte of What Happens in Vegas.SOLIDS First things first!
The classic: Hunter Festival tall Wellington, at asos.com
Hunter Festival short lace up bootie. Visit shopbop.com.
Hunter Boots Original in 4 fun colors at solestruck.com.
At right: Hunter Lady N boots - CC adores! At shopbop.com.
Don’t forget your Wellie warmers! Hunter’s are available in 8 colors at at jildorshoes.com.
L.L. Bean’s are slightly less expensive at $19.95.
And fyi: Hunter makes boots for men, too!
If you aren't too particular about the logo on your wellies, there are plenty of Hunter look-alikes that are a lot more pocket-friendly, like these Chinese Laundry Bog boots. They come in 5 colors, and they're just $60 at piperlime.com.
Or, get this Alloy Stormy boot for a mere $39.95 at alloy.com!
Tretorn Skerry faux fur lined rain boot; this and next 2 at piperlime.com
London Fog Soho "quilted" waterproof boot
Nine West silver Yogini rain boot
Splurge: Burberry stud trim Wellington boots, at net-a-porter.com
Steal: J. Crew lace tie wellies, currently on sale for $47.50 at jcrew.com!
Loeffler Randall rain wedge photo via
Not Couture. These are supposedly available at Barneys, but they are not (sadly) on line . . . Please, darlings: let CC know if any of you have actually seen them in person!
Tory Burch two-tone Winnie rain boot, currently on sale for $187.50 at toryburch.com.
The rain boot in disguise: Aquitalia weatherproof boot at piperlime.comPRINTS & PATTERNS
Once you’ve got a solid Wellington, you are going to want to branch out with something a bit more adventurous!
At left:
Land’s End argyle lined wellie - adorable!
L.L. Bean Bobcat rain boot
Cath Kidston mini dot Wellington boots, at asos.com
Sporto Drizzle rain boot at piperlime.com
Deal of the Day: Target Mod Dot rain boots - a mere $24.99 at target.com
Coach Pammie legacy stripe rubber boot, at coach.com
Roxy Puddles rugby stripe rain boot. at piperlime.com
Coach Periwinkle op-art boot
Betseyville waterproof wedge at solestruck.com
Sperry Top Sider Pelican plaid lug tall boot, at piperlime.com
Hunter Boots short boot in Peaches pattern; just $64.95 at solestruck.com!
Juicy Couture Sammy Scottie Print rain boot at juicycouture.com
Orla Kiely moss stem print rubber wellies (also in pomegranate), $73.99; this and next at bluefly.com
Cesare Paciotti brown dagger jacquard rain boots
Chooka rose print rain boot, $39.95 at solestruck.com
Kamik rain boot, $59.95 at Nordstrom.com – CC adores this print!
Marc by Marc Jacobs waterproof boot at piperlime.com
Emilio Pucci Wellington boots, $175 at net-a-porter.com.
At right: J. Crew Luxe wool wellies, in three different menswear-inpsired patterns at jcrew.com.
Steal, at left: Zamora black herringbone rain boots, just $29.99 at Target!

CC wears loves her rain boots (J. Crew riding wellies, pictured in this post) so much, she even wears them when it's sunny! They are also perfect for snowy, slushy days. For comfort, instead of a wellie liner, CC prefers an UGG insole - so cozy, and just $15!

34 comments:

Seeker said...

I'm not a big fan of rain boots for myself, but I love to see them in young or beautiful people.

xoxo

Elizabeth said...

It never rains in Southern California, and too bad for me! All these boots make me wish it would.

Susanna-Cole King said...

Ah! Rain boots! I reeeaaallly need a great pair! Just yesterday I was only saved from having the bottom of my pants legs submerged in standing water (won't stop raining here!) thanks to a pair of high heels lifting me off the ground. Still I couldn't run in my heels, and would have preferred the perfect pair of rainboots to keep me dry! And lucky for me, you just introduced to me to a both of worthy rainboot canidates! :D

xoxo,
S-C

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

could be used for rain, sleet, snow and smashing grapes! :)

i do prefer the solid colors though. i've seen too many girls walking around manhattan in crazy prints that are in total conflict with the multi-colored rain boots.

Syed said...

I do love Hunter wellies, they always feel just right for the British weather! And I adore the patterned wellies, I may need to investigate if they do men's versions...or size up.

Anonymous said...

i think wellies are so cool..i want some..but..don't want to spend all my shopping budget on it!

leeselooks said...

i am amazed by the plethora of designer rain boots ! they sure to tap into every market.

i do need a good pair of wellies for winter!

love the classic hunters.

Anonymous said...

i need both of those hunter boots!!!! now! haha
thats so smart to have wellie warmers that are very much needed in snow.

Mary said...

Hahah yes! It rains NON stop here! I need a pair of boots that don't make me legs look ridiculously stubby though! Oh the perils of being short... I love the classic Hunter ones.

Anonymous said...

My favorite pair of wellies are by Pucci. I love their colors and how they stand out so much. Actually Cory Kennedy has a pair that I adore.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_-6Ty8pksipw/R8xm_mGwQqI/AAAAAAAAK3Q/yvP22jaF9f4/s1600-h/cory_17_cropped1.jpg

TINA said...

I wouldn't wear wellies (it's not really rainy in L.A. anyway), but I think they are so fun & cute! They come in so many colors and patterns and I think wellies are a fun splash of color on a gloomy rainy day!

xoxo,
Tina {Your Everyday Style}

Anonymous said...

The Aquitalia boots are stunning! Possibly the chicest rain boots I've ever seen!

I also love the print of the Sporto boots too :D

WendyB said...

I treasure my heeled yellow rain boots. Yep, I hate flats that much!

Rebecca Jane said...

I love rain boots! I want the jcrew ones.

La Belette Rouge said...

I ordered, had and returned the orange Wellies. I so wanted them and then i got them and realized I would never get to wear them in L.A.

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Hahaha, I'm a classic girl I prefer the black Hunters

ZEPETIT said...

I´m sure taht this year I´m going to buy one os these...

Zepequeña.

kokostiletto said...

you seriously have the best posts! i love rainboots! i can actually wear them in vancouver b/c it rains almost every day in the winter!

Songy said...

personally they should be colourful. more colour the better. for that reason I'm loving all the colourful numbers!

Marian said...

Darling ive missed your blog so!
These boots leave me feeling spoilt for choice! The Burberry studded ones are fabu but the Hunter peach ones look so fun too. I would so wear them all! I'm off to try and find a printed pair of rain boot warmers now ;o)
Kisses CC!
x
Marian
Oh I'm glad your Mum loved Tanzania.Hubby is from there but im from Ghana in the west of Africa.I fell in love with it dear.

saray said...

I love my rain boots too but i barley get to wear them since it's so hot in Israel..

agnes said...

will it look weird if i am wearing it on a cool and rainless day?? i hope not! they all look soo lovely!

PaLoMiNo said...

YAAAAAAAAAY I LOVE THEM!!!!!

I'm in love with Coach & Juicy's Boots!!!!!!!!!!

STUNNING :D

Jadore-Fashion said...

its about time i get a rain boots, its been raining like crazy here--love the Cesare Paciotti rain boots!

hope your weekend was great! :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan, but somehow I like to see them on other people =P

btw, CC, I tagged you! :)

Rock on
Raspberry

MakeupByRenRen said...

too cute! i've always wanted a pair...the j crew ones are calling my name!

Fifi Flowers said...

How FUN are those! Sadly in CA, I have no use for those... sigh!

Missa said...

There's nothing cuter than a vintage dress and umbrella paired with wellies! I'll take the Pelican plaid please!

Anonymous said...

I saw a picture of Blake Lively wearing the "bog" by Chinese Laundry in NYC the other day. And it wasn't raining :) -- for only 60 bucks why not!!

Guapóloga said...

After this weekend, with the hurricane Kyle hitting New England, I definetly think I need a pair of this...

Kisses!!

Simone

Da Fashionista said...

some cutie pucci-esque ones at steve madden too. and marc makes some more functional ones too. a green with a pink trim.

Juan Andres said...

Or you can get the 31$ special edition at the marc by marc jacobs stores! :)

Hunters Glory said...

gotta to have the Hunter logo (as it is my last name)....price is not a factor! thanks for the post cc!

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.