Thursday, October 16, 2008

For Sherbet! (and TAG)

Today, CC presents some fab fall coats in demure pastel hues. If these sherbet shades aren't for you, just scroll down for some fun CC facts in today's Tag!
At left, a robin's-egg blue fuzzy Marc Jacobs coat finds its way into an uncharacteristically sexy Elle spread.
At right, Antonio Berardi's puffy sunshine-hued jacket/cape is one of CC's faves . . .
Louis Vuitton gets icy
Chado Ralph Rucci's mellow yellow
Marni's multiple pinks are expertly layered!
Narciso Rodriguez offers an imminently wearable blue duster.
Sonia Rykiel - soft and lovely, in both tone and texture!
Right: Versace's pale fur topper
Left: Lavender love at Michael Kors

And YES darlings, these are all FALL looks!
What to buy?
How about this orange sherbet-hued Forever 21 classic pea coat?
Or an abbreviated Juicy Couture mini trench in icy mint green, at eLuxury.com
Stay warm and toasty with a J. Crew puffer!
CC adores this Mongrels in Common coral wool cape, at pixiemarket.com. (Btw, what a funny name for a brand, right?!)
Kaylee Tankus wool blend winter white coat, at revolveclothing.com.
See by Chloé oversize yellow coat at bergdorfgoodman.com.
Sportmax ombré alpaca coat, at MaxMara.
This photo courtesy elle.com.
Marc Jacobs mohair astrakhan jacket. Visit net-a-porter.com for this and next two.
Emilio Pucci pink cotton jersey coat dress - so cute!
See by Chloé bar-button coat

Fellow Fashionista Songy of Style Discovery tagged all her readers with this one and it’s so fun, I’m doing the same [anyone who needs a little diversion - TAG!!].
CC’s 11:
Clothes Shop: IRL: Barneys Co-op or The Intermix (online: shopbop.com and net-a-porter.com!)
Furniture Shop:
ABC Carpet and Home
Sweet: Ghiardelli raspberry-filled dark chocolate squares

City: New York!
Music: anything really, but right now CC has a couple of Shins albums in heavy rotation on the iPhone

Drink: Vodka martini with blue-cheese filled olives

TV Series: Absolutely Fabulous (CC hears that they are going to make a U.S. version of Patsy and Edina!)
Film: The Princess Bride ("You keep using that word... I don't think it means what you think it means!")
Workout: Running outdoors, no matter the season or the weather!
Pastries: sugar cookies. Anyone having an Election Party? You simply must get some of Eleni's Obama cookies!
Coffee: Starbucks triple latte
Photo credits: Movie and TV photos via starpulse.com. Olives via dibruno.com.

44 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Ooh, love that See by Chloé lemon yellow coat. And, I am crazy for blue cheese stuffed olives.

WendyB said...

I like the puffy yellow one too.

Nazarina A said...

Your site is like a runway whirlwind in Paris. I felt myself applauding as I scrolled down. My Mom was a runway fashion designer in South Africa and it reminded me of how we assisted her in sewing the sequins on gowns and how I used to try on the gowns and model it for her.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i was smitten with that f21 coat the moment i saw it, but after feeling its fabric in the store, it was a bit scratchy. maybe it would be perfect for layering?

Unknown said...

i have never even heard of bluecheese filled olives.. i must find some.. immediately!!

..... said...

oh i want some obama cookies !!!
that's so fab

Unknown said...

Oh dear, I love the Sonia one...absolutely fabulous! Besides, your TAGs are cool too..(Even for a person that hates blue cheese)...By the way, I'm just commenting this post but you must know I've also loved your tribute to H.L...I love the latest collection, its fantastic!.
Anyway, how does it come that you have such a flawless spanish? Been a few times in our country?
XOXO,
Xavs

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

Ooooohhh a diversion sounds great!

CaraMia's 11:
Clothes Shop: Anything Vintage!

Furniture Shop: Design Within Reach

Sweet: Tirimisu

City: New York!

Music: Current favorite song is "Elevator" by Flo Rida (i know i know!)

Drink: Lots of water

TV Series: Project Runway & Rachel Zoe, both are now
over....UUUUGGGHHHH!

Film: "21" Kevin Spacey rocks!

Workout: Jumping rope is my new favorite

Pastries: Rocco's Pastry Shop 243 Bleecker Street N.Y.C.

Coffee: Yes please!

LOVE Ab Fab CC!!! :)
Thanks this was fun!
Cara Mia

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin Versace.

'Sweet: Ghiardelli raspberry-filled dark chocolate squares
YUM!
City: New York!
Oh, defenitely. New York, New York <3 What else?

Oh Starbucks... how I miss it...

This was fun, CC!
Hope everything's OK.

leeselooks said...

ah love CC's facts ;)

you are SO insanely sweet. really girl.

thanks for always be so generous with your talent + heart.

have a beautiful day.

x.

Vintage Lollipops said...

I'm in-love with the Kaylee Tankus Winter White... (sigh)!!

Myriam said...

Super nice coats! Cheers you up now in these rainy days.

stellawantstodie said...

I love fur coats!!! ( fake fur)

E said...

That See by Chloe coat is so cute!

MISS GLITZY said...

My favorite : Rykiel! I'll add you on my blogroll.

Jill said...

When I see all these crazy colours for winter coats, my brown coat seems very dull.

Jillian said...

thank you so much for the comment!
your blog is absolutely amazing!
+ i really want obama cookies now haha

♔Jaimie said...

that is a beautiful man up top! lol

Unknown said...

I have to say, I'm kind of loving the pastels this fall.

Tricia said...

and thoses Berardi boots, yum. the versace, too, is killing me!

Penny said...

i love the peach fur coat at Sonia Rykiel, it's so fabulously 70s!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Patsy & edina US version will not be the same... they r absolutely fab! This sherbet colours are indeed refreshing for A&W seasons ...
Thanks for sharing your story CC!

Little Bow Prep said...

I love pastel colors!

My favorites are the purple Versace coat, the mint green coat, and the Pucci coat!

Those cookies are quite fab!

Seeker said...

Some gorgeous coats. Coats are such a statement this Fall/winter.

How nice to know more about you in this tag, beauty.

And thank you for visited me :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ohhh these are so beautiful I want them all!

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

your site is like a fashion magazine. u simplify things for us...i love it!

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful colors.

I love the cookies.

Siljesfashion said...

Love the colors, they all appeal to me in some way or another.

AsianCajuns said...

Love those gorgeous coats (and that Elle editorial ;)
We are huge AbFab fans too, sweetie darling!

AsianCajuns said...

We love, love, love Ab Fab and Princess Bride! Not too sure about an American Ab Fab...

Annie Spandex said...

I love Princess Bride! My Wesley dachshund is named after the hero. :D And that line who quoted is soo hilarious.

And that dresser is awesome...

Tani Lezama said...

Hola CC!!! a los tiempos!

oye me encantaria trabajar un proyecto conyigo a la distancia...

un beso!

Tani

Patri Jorge said...

Obama's cookies...And all the pink coats.... Kisses, darling.

La Clocharde said...

Oh, I love those colours!! This post was so beautiful, all full of sherbets.
My favourite is Sonia Rykiel's fab coat...I'm in love with it.

Siru said...

I'd like that kind of fair coat.

juliet xxx

Miss Urbanita said...

Love the pink Pucci coat!

VIVI said...

I don't like sweet colors, this year I am more for black and grey. But of course I have my MOngolia Coat from Miu Miu, MARVELLOUS.
Kisses and enjoy your weekend.
Vivi

Mel said...

you have the best pics i swear hehe. i love the see by chloe coat, too sweet! xx

Songy said...

Yummy coats! Suddenly, I feel like travelling north so that I can actually wear those. It's getting hot here already.

poeta fit, non nascitur said...

love picture of kate moss!!

Andy said...

I love pastels!
new on my blog
check it out
xxx

MakeupByRenRen said...

gorgeous! it feels like spring :)

Angela said...

pink pucci please..... : ) soooo stylish.

Fifi Flowers said...

OMG... definitely no cookies... and no sherbet... I just want to look at that first photo ALL day! WOW! WOW! WOW! I don't think I remember any photos in this post... I am seeing ripples!