Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Skirt Stake

Get ready for some bold new shapes, darlings! At right, Gossip Girl’s poufy green “Jenny Humphry” design, pictured via instyle.com. Volume won’t be vanishing anytime soon! And a festive skirt is just what CC orders for the upcoming holiday gatherings! At left, a wonderfully whimsical skirt courtesy Fellow Fashionista Miranda of Sparkle Dust Fantasy.
On the runways:
Amaya Arzuaga, via Spanish Vogue. Other runway pics courtesy style.com except where noted.
Modernist
Dolce & Gabbana
Armand Basi One
The paper-bag cinched waist at Bottega Veneta...
... and Chloé
Christian Lacroix demonstrates deconstructivist tendencies with this tuxedo-style skirt.
Christopher Kane
D&G
Fendi
Francesco Scognamiglio
Vivienne Westwood
Chanel
Giambattista Valli
Comme des Garçon’s skirt looks like an exploded soccer ball!
House of Holland
Limi Feu
Gianfranco Ferre
Tsumori Chisato, via vogue.fr
Harlan Bel, via nymag.com
Todd Lynn
Just Cavalli
Lanvin
Mulberry
Pollini
Richard Nicoll
Nathan Jenden
Milan street style, via elle.com.
What to buy? One pouf skirt, be it knee-length or mini, and an embellished pencil skirt. Think brocade or bright, tiers or folds, or some other interesting detail.
At left: Black Halo royal pencil skirt with Greek key waist detail, at Neiman Marcus. So chic!
Moschino Cheap & Chic polka dot pencil skirt; this and next at net-a-porter.com.

RM by Roland Mouret Couronnes tweed skirt, pictured both front and back. CC adoooores the peplum and scandalously high back slit!
Tsesay silk skirt, via instyle.com
LaROK black Full Swing skirt at shopbop.com.
Alexander Wang silver silk balloon skirt, at lagarconne.com.
Cheap Monday Helena skirt, at revolveclothing.com.
Fab idea for the small of waist: opt for a J. Crew girls’ silk taffeta ball skirt, either solid (left) or patterned (right)! Visit jcrew.com.
Miu Miu chenille tweed skirt; this and next at net-a-porter.com.
Thurley gray bubble bow-detail skirt
Boutique stripe pocket shirt dress, at asos.com.
At right: a bubbly Adzhedo dress. Visit to-dress.ru.com.
Reiss purple fold detail Vegas skirt, at reiss.co.uk.
There's no skirting the issue, darlings: it's time for new and interesting skirt shapes!
Which do you prefer?

44 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

i love the pouf skirts!

La Belette Rouge said...

No one would notice the legs of the wearer of many of these skirts--can't take your eyes off of the skirts!
xoxo

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

you've tapped into exactly what i've been craving all winter long! where's that little black skirt from with the simple elastic waist?

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

Lovely skirts, darling! I adore that red Mulberry skirt and the tweed one, with the high back slit! xoxo

WendyB said...

I kinda like the pointy ones.

Unknown said...

mmm... i love all of these!!! voluminous skirts.. yes please!!

Syed said...

Yay I love interestingly shaped and constructed skirts, they always make for an interesting outfit!

Anonymous said...

These volumes... I'm crazy when i see those skirts !

Fifi Flowers said...

I ADORE skirts! I have a TON of them! Unfortunately... poofed or pencil... this girl has is on a diet... NONE of my darling fit at the moment... BUT... they will!!!
And then I would like a few of these in your post!!!
FUN and FAB post!!!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
ENJOY your fashionable day!
Fifi

Siljesfashion said...

Interesting skirts and color combinations!

Anonymous said...

All of them looks like fun!

Blood Roses said...

i love the alexander wang grey silk skirt...so luxurious

Marian said...

Lanvibn lanvin lanvin...who does it like Lanvin! love ALL these skirts CC and your right volume is here to stay!how beautiful are all these skirts.Im more of a pants kinda of girl but these skirts will convert me any day!the Christoper Kane buttery soft leather one with scalloped edges is on my to get list!
muah
Marian

Vintage Lollipops said...

I love everything about these images... the bold palettes and textures are incredible!!
But Chloe and Francesco Scognamiglio... sigh!

Dominica said...

Hey, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog !
Love the skirts in this blog, they are to die for !

The pencil skirts are my fave ones !
and yours ?

Fashion Moment said...

Apsolutely GREAT, CC!!! :)

FM

Lisa said...

The RM by Roland Mouret skirt is fantastic--a pencil skirt you can actually move in, and so sexy! I think I'm usually drawn to the pouf skirts though.

The Spicers said...

What a fantastic selection of skirts!
I love the silhouette of slim top/voluminous skirt.

BELLA-STYLE said...

this is my new blog:www.lovebellastyle.splinder.com

Penny said...

ohhh i do love a bit of volume! i have quite big hips anyway so a big voluminous skirt is a stylish way to cover them up! xx

biba_46 said...

They are a bit wierd...
xoxo

Siru said...

you have a new header! Great!

juliet xxx

So Stylish So Sassy said...

loved Jenny Humphrey's green dress! I want one!

*L said...

i love tulip skirts!!!

Nare said...

I love them I love them!! most of them!! jeje they are fab... I will take some photos to make my own one

kisses

Ines said...

I love skirt specially the pencil shape ones!
muaa

Nemerae said...

Lovely skirt the last ones!! *.* and the first ones very original :)
xx

Seeker said...

I'm in doubt, does the pouf skirt hide the hips or make them more volumous????

But I like those skirts... what shall I do???

So nice stuff I love the paper bag one.

xoxo

Angela said...

i would totally wear just cavalli skirt.... adore vivienne westwood in theory. : )

Abing said...

aghhhhhhh I die for be taller and have a skirt like that

Hek said...

I love these fun volumes! Great selection:)

Charmaine Li said...

woww these unique skirt shapes and volumes are so INTERESTING. i can't wait to purchase some cool skirts to waer for spring.. if only spring woul come sooner :(

Anonymous said...

I love all the new shapes and proportions were seeing on the catwalk lately... so inspiring

Miranda said...

yum! i love flouncy skirts :)
and omgoodness i loveedd that dress serena wore. do you have any idea who's REALLY behind jenny's line?
i must know. <3

Guapóloga said...

This is arquitectural desing, no doubt! The ones in leather are amazing!

Now we have published a post about men trendy hairstiles, so take a look for the guys in your life!

Besitos!

Simone

PS: Ready for Black Friday? Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Wow I love the experimentation with the skirt shape - I've always been drawn to interesting skirts!

I love skirts with loads of pouff!

PS. My word verification is 'belly' heehee!

Songy said...

If I had that bottega skirt and the top you will see me polishing them day and night obsessively.

Style Spot said...

I can't take my eyes off the green poufy Jenny Humphry dress - it's stunning! And I absolutely love the blue skirt from Harlan Bel and the black wet-look skirt from Todd Lynn. Great post, dear xoxo

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

All I can say is that- pattern makers have been very busssy!
Great post as usual CC... Always appreciate all the amazzzing passion you pour into your blog*
~Bless you dahling!

caroline said...

i like the one from house of holland, and lanvin. the skirts are amazing, all of them!
xxx

Terence Sambo said...

i love the jenny humphrey,christopher kane, house of holland and vivienne westwood dresses fab!!!!!

Sr Q said...

Me gusta esta silueta, por mucho que esté explotada me sigue encantando. Saludos ;)

Fashion Critic said...

This is really a fantastic post.

Thanks for sharing

Holly said...

fun shapes, very perfect for runways, although not so sure about the streets!